[tz] [DRAFT] EU-related changes likely ??? here???s a heads-up

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Sat Sep 15 14:24:52 UTC 2018

Paul Eggert said:
> +    * Brexit will occur at 2019-03-29 23:00 UTC, and DST will continue
> +      to be observed in the UK, the Crown dependencies and Gibraltar.

I think that's a bad assumption. Unless we have the very hardest of
Brexits, and I don't think even Boris is that daft, EU legislation will
apply for at least a transition period, so we'll be following the EU on
this.

Yes, I know there is still some support for summer time changes in the UK,
but the Irish border, in particular, will result in pressure to keep us in
line.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.