[tz] tzdb timezone names/identifiers and links

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 21 04:51:38 UTC 2019

On Feb 20, 2019, at 7:27 PM, Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at SystematicSw.ab.ca> wrote:

> My expectation is that the meeting organizer schedules an event at their
> reference location(s), in those locations' time zones, and attendees may display
> the event in the time zone for their default, current, or other location.
>
> When I say locations, that allows for an event being a flight or trip from one
> location to another in a different time zone.

(I don't think of a flight as a meeting unless the meeting is being held on the aircraft, so presumably "meeting organizer schedules an event" should be "event organizer schedules an event", where "meeting organizers" is a subclass of "event organizers".)

So, if the event is a flight, the event has a start time that's something such as "time to arrive at the airport from which the flight departs" or "time the flight takes off" and a duration or end time.

In that case, if, for example, the flight organizer is in one location, and the flight is from another location and to another location, presumably the start and end times aren't scheduled in the flight organizer's location - is the beginning time scheduled in the departure airport's location and the end time scheduled in the arrival airport's location?