[tz] Notice Lead Time Tracking

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Sat Jan 12 03:56:23 UTC 2019

I've put something together using GitHub Pages; the advantage being that
the metadata can stay in a machine-readable format (in this case, YAML),
while the Jekyll engine can render pretty pages and do calculations for
human consumption.  (The choice of technologies is maybe not my immediate
preference, but this strikes me as most readily sustainable, by far.)

Browse the metadata at https://tzdata-meta.timtimeonline.com/
View the repository at https://github.com/timparenti/tzdata-meta

I intentionally kept the data a bit leaner, though, than Brian's original
suggestions, and have backfilled metadata through changes the tz mailing
list was first informed of since 2016-01-01T00Z.  2016 had a lot of changes
(particularly in Russia) which were going on simultaneously, which made
tracking down some of the original emails more difficult, and so there's a
bit of guesswork involved.  I don't intend to go back any further than
this, nor do I particularly encourage others to do so, either.

If there are glaring omissions that keep this resource from being as useful
as it could be, I'm happy to hear it, though I am interested in keeping
this relatively lean so that it can remain fairly easily updated as new
changes to tzdata arise.

--
Tim Parenti