[tz] zone America/Indiana/Tell_city 1967 - 1969

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:25:57 UTC 2019

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I copied the wrong table from Shanks, as there
were other disagreements in the 1946-1969 data for Perry County, Indiana. Sorry
about causing you trouble. I installed the attached. Shanks and your newspaper
accounts agree that Perry County's April 1969 transition was by two hours, from
CST (-06) to EDT (-04).

The blurb on Shanks's International Atlas (3rd edition) says he was "Born in
Lima, Ohio at 2:55 EWT on April 9, 1942" and he had access to major libraries
during his education at Ohio State, the University of Michigan, and the
University of Chicago, so it shouldn't be surprising if his data about the US
Midwest is more reliable.