[tz] zdump --version reports "unknown" on OpenSuse 15.1 [2020a]

mcalabkova mcalabkova at suse.cz
Mon May 25 12:20:15 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-25 11:50, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Mai 25 2020, mcalabkova wrote:
>
>> after fixing the issue above on my computer I get:
>>
>> $ sudo zdump --version
>> zdump (tzcode) 2020a
>>
>> This is different from other distros. Is there any other bug in
>> openSUSE?
>> It
>> looks like the other distros take version info from the last used
>> compiler...
>
> You could set PACKAGE from %distribution, similar to what binutils and
> gdb do.  Also, it would be good to set BUGEMAIL.

I have tried it (I have also set it to print a real package name) and I
got:

$ sudo zdump --version
zdump (timezone; Base:System) 2020a

(Base:System is the repository in which I locally build the package.)

I personally dislike it, after reading the discussion I would stay with
simple tzcode (the previous result).

I will set BUGEMAIL to opensuse-support at opensuse.org, thanks.

Hayo, are you satisfied with this solution?

Greetings,
Marketa