[tz] "official" zone name alternatives via Link records

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 16:38:58 UTC 2021

* Paul Goyette:

> This is the whole point of my previous suggestion to conditionally
> include a local file which the consumer owns and maintains.

We need cross-distribution consistency (across container boundaries, for
instance), so this locally defined alias approach doesn't quite work for
us.  We would still have to coordinate, and that would have to be here,
or on some etzdata-style fork.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill