[tz] proposal for new tzdb versions

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Sep 22 18:52:20 UTC 2021

I agree with Tom's comments. We *really* don't want the disruption that
would happen when some people pick up the 2021b and others pick up 2021a1;
especially when it is likely that many of the people picking up 2021b won't
know that they could be breaking downstream clients.

There is *no* harm at all to just issuing a 2021b that has 2021a + Somoan
fix right now (no other changes). That is the simple option for now. Then
people have the opportunity to hash out the situation without disruption.

Mark