[tz] Some thoughts about the way forward

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Sep 24 00:44:08 UTC 2021

> If you want to maximize data stability under the constraint of being fair,

You are causing potentially a lot of compatibility issues for people around
the globe — in a tremendous (and inexplicable) rush — because of your
notion of 'fair'. That notion seems to be shared by few if any other
people. Could you explain *exactly* how people in Africa (for example) are
disadvantaged by having pre-1970 data for Oslo and Berlin?

How exactly are their lives made worse?

Mark