[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Derick Rethans tz at derickrethans.nl
Mon Apr 11 18:40:31 UTC 2022

Hi!

This has been a contentious point on this list for quite some time now. Back when it was first raised the argument against changing it was that English media continued to primarily use Kiev. I then agreed with that assessment.

This has now changed, and you'd be hard to press finding English speaking media to not use Kyiv. So now I also believe it is the right moment to switch this and make Europe/Kiev the back link to Europe/Kyiv.

cheers
Derick