[tz] tzdata 2022b and 2022c location

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 17 01:21:06 UTC 2022

On 8/16/22 01:07, Alex Goldberg3 wrote:
> We usually get tzdata files from https://github.com/unicode-org/icu-data/tree/main/tzdata/icunew  , where metaZones.res, timezoneTypes.res, etc are located. However, the latest release there is 2022a. Are 2022b and 2022c not officially released or may be changed location?

I suspect that you're talking about ICU's files concerning time zones as
opposed to the tzdata files themselves, as the repository you mention
stopped mirroring tzdata files after tzdata 2011k.

ICU is downstream from tzdata and an ICU forum would be a good place to
ask about ICU's status. A request for ICU to update to match tzdata
2022b (and 2022c) is here:

https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-22118

and I expect you can monitor and/or comment there. Currently nobody is
assigned to the task.