[tz] Moving more zones to 'backzone'

dpatte dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat Jul 9 11:50:45 UTC 2022

Thank you.

 This is something I have been trying to say as well. The db format should allow us to collect historical tz information for any region, even locations that are only different before 1970. This is of use for those that do historical time-of-day research in any field, such as astronomy.

Eventually all locations on earth, going backward, revert to local solar (sundial) time, so we only need to collect data which is other than local solar time, generally going back to the dates of implementation of local mean time for various locations.

 Obviously, such a collection can never be complete, like any historical data, but it does provide information which is useful to some, and constantly improving.