[tz] New law about Time and Time zones in Greenland

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 25 17:55:48 UTC 2022

On 2022-11-25 01:51, Jürgen Appel via tz wrote:
> Also concerning "specified areas", i.e. today Ittoqqortoormiit (now UTC -1),
> Danmarkshavn (UTC +0), and Pituffik/Thule Air Base (UTC-4), I am unsure
> whether any changes are scheduled or whether the cabinet plans to keep/
> reestablish the current rules.

Thanks for the heads-up. This may be the first trickle of a flood of
EU-related changes. We don't have to worry about the time zone
abbreviations here, since they're numeric; we may not be so lucky in
later EU-related changes.

Since we have to guess, let's guess that Ittoqqortoormiit will follow
suit since it also uses EU DST rules, whereas Danmarkshavn and
Pituffik/Thule won't since they don't. We can correct this guess later
as better info comes in. I installed the attached patch for now.