[tz] 1981/2 Singapore+Malaysia switch from GMT+0730 to GMT+0800

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Mon Nov 28 11:31:04 UTC 2022

Steps to produce patch:

1) Go to relevant file:
  https://github.com/eggert/tz/blob/main/backzone
2) Click edit (pencil) button:
  https://github.com/eggert/tz/edit/main/backzone
3) Make necessary changes
4) Add git comment in the boxes at the bottom of the page
5) Press "Propose changes"
6) At the "PR rejected" page, add ".patch" to the end of the URL
7) Download the git formatted patch
8) Rename the patch to start with "0001-"
9) Send the patch to the mailing list
(disabling PRs makes this much harder than it needs to be)

Please see attached, which I request you add to the repository.

Now Paul, perhaps you'd like to think whether your choice to be
deliberately awkward here rather than making the one line change in
`backzone` has been beneficial to anyone, including yourself. You're
trying to defend a system which:
* causes you to do *more* work - downloading, checking and applying the patch
* causes you to send *more* emails to the list:
* causes two entries in git history rather than one

`backzone` is a file in active use by millions of downstream users.
Pretending that isn't true is simply not helpful, and a waste of
everyone's time on this mailing list.

Stephen