[tz] 1981/2 Singapore+Malaysia switch from GMT+0730 to GMT+0800
scolebourne at joda.org
Mon Nov 28 11:31:04 UTC 2022
Steps to produce patch:
1) Go to relevant file:
2) Click edit (pencil) button:
3) Make necessary changes
4) Add git comment in the boxes at the bottom of the page
5) Press "Propose changes"
6) At the "PR rejected" page, add ".patch" to the end of the URL
7) Download the git formatted patch
8) Rename the patch to start with "0001-"
9) Send the patch to the mailing list
(disabling PRs makes this much harder than it needs to be)
Please see attached, which I request you add to the repository.
Now Paul, perhaps you'd like to think whether your choice to be
deliberately awkward here rather than making the one line change in
`backzone` has been beneficial to anyone, including yourself. You're
trying to defend a system which:
* causes you to do *more* work - downloading, checking and applying the patch
* causes you to send *more* emails to the list:
* causes two entries in git history rather than one
`backzone` is a file in active use by millions of downstream users.
Pretending that isn't true is simply not helpful, and a waste of
everyone's time on this mailing list.
On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 at 22:44, Robert Elz via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:45:31 -0800
> From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu>
> Message-ID: <2a8f0009-4d0c-edef-5a00-a3dae9c2a5bb at cs.ucla.edu>
> | On 11/23/22 12:10, Robert Elz wrote:
> | > I'd be truly astounded if the same was not also required for
> | > Asia/Kuala_Lumpur.
> | Sure, can you please send something to that effect in 'git format-patch'
> | format? It'd be a patch to 'backzone'. Thanks.
> No, I cannot, you know that already, I do not use git, and have nothing
> which generates git patch format.
> Moving the data to backzone doesn't mean it needs updating any less than
> any other data - just makes it harder to remember to do.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 720 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tz