[tz] New change in Mexico

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 28 19:42:59 UTC 2022

On 2022-11-27 12:06, Heitor David Pinto via tz wrote:

Thank you for the heads-up and explanation about the situation.

I'm attaching an incomplete TZDB patch that attempts to deal with this.
It's incomplete because we don't know when Ciudad Juárez's clocks will
change from -06 to -07, to agree with El Paso. When we find out, we can
install the patch and release a new version as quickly as may be. It's
of course unfortunate this is all being done on such short notice.

The major change from the user viewpoint is a new Zone
America/Ciudad_Juarez, split from America/Ojinaga.

I haven't installed this patch in in the development repository, due to
its incomplete nature.