[tz] Mexico on track to abolish DST

gera gera at gera.com.mx
Fri Oct 28 23:22:41 UTC 2022

I can help.

Basically states 4 zones:

- Noroeste: with Baja California state.

- Pacifico: with states of Baja California Sur, Nayarit (excepting Bahía
de Banderas municipality which will be kept on Zona Centro), Sinaloa and
Sonora.

- Sureste: Quintana Roo state.

- Centro: Every other unlisted state (such as Chihuahua)

- The remaining islands will stay on the meridian to which they belong.

Now, for the following municipalities (which are located at the border
with the USA), there are some exceptions which are indicated as northern
seasonal:

- Acuña, Allende, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jiménez, Morelos, Nava, Ocampo,
Piedras Negras, Villa Unión and Zaragoza, in Coahuila de Zaragoza state;
Anáhuac in Nuevo Leon; Nuevo Laredo, Guerrero, Mier, Miguel Alemán,
Camargo, Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, Reynosa, Río Bravo, Valle Hermoso and
Matamoros, in Tamaulipas, will apply whatever timezone according to the
meridian 75 west of Greenwich.

- Baja California will align to meridian 105 west of Greenwich.

Northern Border Seasonal Time will take effect from 2:00 a.m. on the
second Sunday in March, and will end at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday in
November.

*This law will take effect from October 30th, 2022.*

Fun fact: from now on, every state can change its own zone time if
approved on the local legislature.

You were right, I can't see Juárez (nor Ojinaga) on the published law.

I hope this helps.