[tz] Lebanon will not spring forward this weekend

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 23 18:48:46 UTC 2023

On 3/23/23 09:42, Saadallah Itani wrote:

> I had to send you the below as I am not subscribed to the list.

I'll quote the rest of your message below so list subscribers see it.

Thank you for the info about Lebanon deciding today to not change its
clocks this weekend. Ouch, this is very short notice.

Since the March 25 transition was scheduled for 24:00 (i.e., midnight
between March 25 and March 26) I assume this means the spring forward
transition is will occur midnight between April 20 and April 21.

I created the attached proposed patch to record this. Please let me know
if this interpretation sounds correct to you.

We'll need a new tzdb release soon, as tzdb 2023a becomes wrong around
51 hours from now.