[tz] [PROPOSED 2/2] Fix comments on Lebanon this week

Paige Tummons ptummons at epic.com
Tue Mar 28 09:18:52 UTC 2023

Hi Paul,

I'm reaching out regarding your request for comments<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2023-March/032833.html> on the proposal to revert back to 2023a instead of updating 2023c to reflect the Lebanon DST change of 30 March. I've been working closely with medical centers in Lebanon to ensure that their healthcare systems are in continuous legal compliance with the government directives. We have been in close communication with Lebanese government authorities who legally consider the spring forward event to be on 30 March (with the jump being from 11:59:59 PM on 29 March to 01:00:00 AM on 30 March).

We are strongly urging you to reflect this update in the 2023c file, to avoid the published tzdata file being in direct conflict with the government directive of the spring DST event in Lebanon happening on 30 March. The Prime Minister met with the cabinet yesterday, and together they agreed that Lebanon DST happens on the 30th of March. No government authorities consider the 26 March 2023 event to be the "true" DST time for Lebanon.

Thanks,
Paige Tummons