[tz] Did Greenland abolish daylight saving from 2024 on?

Thomas M. Steenholdt thms at nix.gl
Mon Nov 13 23:59:30 UTC 2023

As you say, real software by and large doesn't care about tm_isdst any more. This is why we haven't bothered to issue a new TZDB release yet - nobody cares in the real world. But eventually when the next TZDB release comes out I'd like the tm_isdst flag to reflect better the intended rules by Greenland's government, as  we might as well do things right if it's easy. I expect will care about this except us TZDB nerds.
Makes perfect sense. I have no objections at all, just wanted to make it known that nobody noticed. :-)
The NEWS file does need a fix now, though; proposed patch attached.
Looks good.

Thanks for clarifying you position on this. Everything looks good then.