[tz] Wrong symlinks with BACKWARD=backward PACKRATDATA=backzone

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 2 20:18:59 UTC 2024

On 4/2/24 09:55, Benjamin Drung via tz wrote:
> An alternative would be to move the
> link changes into the "main" data form and the previous behaviour into
> "rearguard".

Another alternative would be for Ubuntu to upgrade to release TZDB
2024a's zic.c (also private.h and tzfile.h and zdump.c). This would
avoid the need for a new configuration option, which would be simpler in
the long run.

Come to think of it, glibc should do that too. I'll add that to my list
of things to do.