[tz] Wrong symlinks with BACKWARD=backward PACKRATDATA=backzone

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Mar 13 00:14:22 UTC 2024

On 3/8/24 10:13, Paul Eggert wrote:
> it'd be helpful to propose specific changes in "git format-patch" form.
> These should be independent of the main data, so presumably they would
> patch the "backzone" file. It might help to try these changes out on
> Ubuntu first, by patching there and seeing how well it works there.

Another possibility that just occurred to me, is that you could use
"make DATAFORM=vanguard" when building tzdata. The vanguard format
treats links-to-links in a better way, and this should fix the
particular symlink issue you mentioned. It entails several other changes
too, though, so it'd be a good idea to review them too.