[tz] Portugal

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 18 06:10:33 UTC 2024

On 2024-03-12 20:12, Tim Parenti wrote:

> At first inspection, it looks to me as though this may be some sort of bug
> with zishrink.awk.

Yes, as its comments say it's special-purpose code that works for the
current tzdata but it's fragile. I installed the attached patch which
should address this particular situation, but the code's still fragile
as you can see.

> For Africa/Cape_Verde and Africa/Maputo, I think there is still some
> residual value in mentioning "Shanks said something different", since we
> aren't sure there wasn't some other law that could have introduced zonal
> time to any given colony prior to the May 1911 decree.  But I can
> definitely aim to be more concise in doing so.

Sounds good.

> Do you mind if I quote/paraphrase that in the updated commentary?

No, that sounds good too.

> The commented-out Asia/Panaji section is already in 'backzone'.

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that. Please ignore that part of my earlier
comment.