[UA-discuss] [Ext] Re: 2023 UASG Elections and Vice-Chair Candidates

Azhar Ibrahim azharibrahim at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 5 06:38:48 UTC 2023

Dear Seda

Aside Jiankang views I also want to add here

You mentioned: In response to your question, as per the Voting Method on https://uasg.tech/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/UASG-Election-Process-2023-onwards.pdf; for the vice chair positions, each voter will be asked to cast their vote for their top three choices. For the Vice-Chair position, election will be done using a simple majority, and top three candidates will be elected.

I propose that for the vice chair positions, each voter be asked to vote for their top three choices; however, it should not be mandatory to make at least three selections; if anyone wants to make only one or two selections, they should have the freedom to do so and should not be forced to vote for at least three candidates. The UASG must chose the top two candidates who receive the most votes/support from the UASG community for vice chair, and the third candidate should only be elected if he receives at least 25% of the total votes cast. This cannot be proper if the third candidate receives only a few votes and is unjustly elected against the wishes of the UASG community.

Azhar Ibrahim

(Vice President)

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.