[UA-discuss] Experimental EAI "free trial" services under one's own domain name?

Jim DeLaHunt list+uasg at jdlh.com
Sat Jul 1 20:31:31 UTC 2023

Hello, Sudhanwa Jogalekar:

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the offer of a free account for a
trial.

I am not actually asking for myself. The UASG Email Address
Internationalisation (EAI) Working Group has a goal of making it easier
for people and organisations to experiment with using globally inclusive
EAI email addresses. We hope that some of these experiments will turn
into actual use. This should drive demand for universal acceptance of
globally inclusive email addresses and domain names. Thus, any URLs I
find which offer a "free trial" of EAI email servers might become part
of a list we publish to encourage such experiments.

When you say, "we can give you a free account", does "we" mean
IDNMail.net? Or are you speaking for yourself?

At IDNmail.net's website, it says, "Providing The Topmost Email Services
for International Domain Names". This sounds quite exciting to me. I
would love it if IDNmail.net were to attempt the EAI WG's "EAI
Self-Certification" process, described at
<https://uasg.tech/eai-certification>. It seems like a Gold or Platinum
certification logo would be a good way to communicate to prospective
customers who are looking for EAI services.

I am very glad that you brought this to the group's attention. Thank you!

Best regards,
     —Jim DeLaHunt (member of the EAI Working Group)