[UA-discuss] Guidelines on linkification for URLs with non-ASCII characters

Nitin Walia nitin at xgenplus.com
Thu May 4 11:22:00 UTC 2023

Dear MariaThank you for sharing I believe the Russian Working Group on Universal Acceptance has made great work that will benefit everyone .

Best Wishes

Nitin Walia | DirectorData Xgen Technologies (P) LimitedTel: +91-141-2554970Fax: +91-141-2554972LinkedIn  Twitternitin at xgenplus.com | नितिन@एक्सजेनप्लस.भारत | https://xgenplus.comVC: https://bridge01.videomeet.in - room: nitin pwd: 10000भाषाकीआजादी - Bridging the Digital Divide, Getting Next billion online

>From: Maria Kolesnikova via UA-discuss   MailId : [135547421]To: "ua-discuss" Subject: [UA-discuss] Guidelines on linkification for URLs with non-ASCII charactersDate: 04 May 2023 04:45:55 PM

Dear all,

We are happy to share with you the Guidelines on linkification for URLs with non-ASCII characters, that have been developed by the Russian Working Group on Universal Acceptance recently .
The document provides best practices related to identification in a text and automated creation of hyperlinks containing domain names and email addresses in non-ASCII scripts. It can be helpful for software developers implementing linkification mechanisms. The document also includes some proposals on how to behave if script mixing is detected in any label of the domain name .
Hope these short guidelines can be of any assistance in your work on Universal Acceptance implementation .
If you have any comments on the document, we would be glad to hear them .

With best regards,
Maria Kolesnikova

_______________________________________________UA-discuss mailing listUA-discuss at icann.orghttps://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/ua-discuss_______________________________________________By submitting your personal data, you consent to the processing of your personal data for purposes of subscribing to this mailing list accordance with the ICANN Privacy Policy (https://www.icann.org/privacy/policy) and the website Terms of Service (https://www.icann.org/privacy/tos). You can visit the Mailman link above to change your membership status or configuration, including unsubscribing, setting digest-style delivery or disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.Do not Remove:[HID]20230504164543135[-HID]