[UA-discuss] UASG Working Group Positions Renewal Status

Azhar Ibrahim azharibrahim at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 9 07:33:35 UTC 2024

Dear Anil,

I am reaching out to seek clarification on the current status of the renewal process for UASG working group positions, specifically those of UA Ambassadors, UASG Working Group Chairs, and Vice Chairs.

As outlined in the UASG charter, these positions hold a one-calendar-year term, which officially concluded on December 31, 2023. However, there has been no official communication regarding the commencement of the renewal process or any intimation of forthcoming nominations.

Recently, I came across a Facebook post by one of the UA Ambassadors who proudly shared a certificate for the year 2024. This has led to some confusion within the community. I am seeking clarification on whether new UA Ambassadors have already been appointed, and if all previous ambassadors and working group chairs and vice-chairs have been automatically renewed for the year 2024. If not then how are they leading the working group meetings and why their names are still on UASG.tech?

Understanding the importance of transparency and effective communication, could you please provide an update on the current status of these positions within UASG? Any information on the appointment process, renewal status, or upcoming announcements would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to receiving clarity on the situation at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Azhar Ibrahim
Muharraq, Bahrain