[UA-discuss] Invitation to Global UA Day keynote event (28 March 2024)

Azhar Ibrahim azharibrahim at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:33:27 UTC 2024

Hello Maria,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for sending a reminder about the Universal Acceptance Day 2024 keystone event in Belgrade, Serbia, scheduled for tomorrow, the 28th of March.

However, I am writing to you with a heavy heart and deep disappointment regarding the event. It pains me to see that you the host of the UASG key stone event, Local Initiative chapter, our esteem LI has not even made its own keystone event website which is the https://uaday.rs/?lang=en Universal Acceptance (UA) ready and will just talk, discuss and tell community on UASG, its importance and becoming UA ready. I find this situation to be truly disheartening when an organization or event promoting Universal Acceptance (UA) isn't fully UA compliant themselves.

The fact that the basic registration page of the Global UA Day event website https://uaday.rs/?lang=en#registracijadoes not accept my EAI ARABIC Email Address only adds to my frustration. It concerns that an event meant to celebrate Global UA Day is hosted on a platform and hosted by someone for UASG who itself fails to embody the very principles which it aims to promote via hosting Keystone Global UA Day event 2024, what a message to community it gives about UASG again.

I am compelled to question the decisions made by the Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG) leadership and staff in funding such a host for the Global UA Day event. This oversight reflects poorly on the UASG and raises serious concerns about how resources are allocated, and contracts are vetted.

I find it unacceptable that an event meant to promote universal acceptance is hosted by an entity that evidently does not prioritize UA readiness. It begs the question: Is this truly how the UASG celebrates UA Day? Is this how funds received from ICANN are being utilized and wasted by UASG? Is this how ICANN Staff vats any proposals and give anyone an opportunity and money to host such keystone events.

I urge the UASG staff and Chair to reflect on these concerns and take decisive action to rectify this situation. It is imperative that the UASG ensures that all its initiatives, including events such as the Global UA Day, are in alignment with the principles of UA readiness and inclusivity.

Regrettably, given the circumstances, I see no reason to participate in an event that merely pays lip service to UA without demonstrating a genuine commitment to its adoption.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my concerns. I sincerely hope that steps will be taken to address these issues and uphold the integrity of the Universal Acceptance initiative in future.

Salaam

Azhar