[UA-discuss] What does SOI acceptance imply?

Mark Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Wed May 15 21:14:46 UTC 2024

Many of the active UASG participants display their membership on
LinkedIn and on their CVs. If you feel that "Member" does not convey the
message post-SOI, maybe "Recognized member"?

Best,

On 15 May 2024 16:17, Tex via UA-discuss wrote:

> As others have mentioned, requesting and publishing my image and
> linkedin or other details is a lot for participating in a mailing list.
>
> So presumably acceptance of my SOI implies a more significant role in
> the group than being on a mailing list and I would like to capture
> that on my bio.
>
> It seems only fair, as UASG is benefitting from the credibility my
> background adds to the publication of the list membership.
>
> How shall I describe this role? Author? Contributor? Based on the SOI
> questions, am I part of UASG governance and therefore a manager? Am I
> a policy maker?
>
> And when UASG publishes a document will I and the rest of the SOI
> submitters be listed as contributors or perhaps governors?
>
> tex

Mark W. Datysgeld
Director at Governance Primer [governanceprimer.com
<https://governanceprimer.com>]
ICANN GNSO Councilor