[UA-Measurement] Independent evaluation work in LAC starting

Mark W. Datysgeld mark at governanceprimer.com
Sun Jul 14 16:27:45 UTC 2019

Thank you for the interest, everyone.

Matogoro, let's make sure to stay in contact as this project unfolds.

Nico, we'll have a preliminary meeting next week and I will see what the situation for UY is. I can put you in contact with them right after.

Roberto, this is being pushed forward by Sylvia Leite - sylvia at internautabrasil.org. She is actually very interested in this sort of information, so please reach out to her.

Michael, I intend to move forward with the creation of different schemas to standardize our work, and in this sense I find it essential that in the upcoming meetings we define the scope of what are our testing subjects.

As for MongoDB, I retrieved the minutes from the meeting in which the team decided on using it, and we felt that a nosql approach was interesting due to how scalable and approchable it is, in such a way that this can be worked on by different developers over time with no friction, something that seems ideal for UA. It is also pretty good at managing a cluster with N copies in a way that keeps data highly available.

In relation to some of your concerns, I believe there were issues with earlier implementations of this technology, but now it feels quite mature considering the projects we've been following. Nosql is being deployed by IBM, UDacity, Sony and others at a large scale.

Even so, we have been considering taking the database to MongoDB Atlas, which is a great solution for consistency and minimizing issues. This is something we definitely could discuss as this moves forward.

Best,
--
Mark W. Datysgeld from Governance Primer [www.markwd.website]
Representing businesses in IG together with AR-TARC and ABES