[vip] [latin-vip] Loudly spoken opinions - input for today's meeting

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sat Sep 3 07:00:37 UTC 2011

One thing we also have are two words spelled the same, but pronounced differently that means different things.

Example (in Swedish):

kista [chi:sta] : A suburb of Stockholm, where lots of IT industry is located

kista [chista]  : A coffin

That leads to "interesting" race conditions when people want to register domain names.

We also in Sweden have two cities named Habo and Håbo. They have been in a domain dispute about the name habo.se, which was registered correctly by Håbo (before IDN existed). Both lost (they where told to use a shared webpage -- see http://habo.se/).

   Patrik