[vip] [latin-vip] Loudly spoken opinions - input for today'

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Sep 3 09:58:08 UTC 2011

At 09:01 03/09/2011, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>Let me also say explicitly that I support the findings in this document.

In French:
State = Government
state = status

In the roman world at least:
xxxx = word
Xxxx = Family name.

I reviewed again the response of Harald, considering the way he and
Patrik seem to understand the ICANN questionnaire as engineers, when
I try to understand it as a multilinguist (multilinguistics: the
cybernetics of the linguistic diversity, i.e. how languages can and
will technicaly coexist, conflict, or mutually assist).  I also have
had some feed-backs from the IUCG controverted Glossary effort.

As a result, the main questions seem to be:

1. what is a variant?
2. how does it differs from the ICANN definition of alias?
3. How ICANN does name an IETF alias?
4. How does that relate with Webster alias (": otherwise called :
otherwise known as").

The difficulty here seems to be "otherwise called/known" by who?

Depending on inputs, it seems that this "who" can be the registry,
the protocol, the UI, the IUI, the doxa, the multilinguistic rules or
algorithm, ICANN, a global semiotic authority, the TM owners, the
towns, the Governments, Courts of Justice, Chambers of Commerce,
Academies, etc. etc. The main source of experience on this is to be
Fast Track: are there already some information from its real
registrations and registrant/user comments.

jfc

PS. In the ICANN document I would change "concept/idea" into
"concept/notion" for clarity sake.