[Wp4] Board comments on Annex 6

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Fri Dec 18 10:02:09 UTC 2015

Dear all,

By now you have probably all seen the comment of the board on the proposed raft report, and especially annex 6. If not please find them attached.

I have to say I was both dismayed and struck by surprise when I read the comments, but I am very curious to learn what you think.

My main feeling was that we have already addressed all points that are brought up, but again I am very curious to hear your opinion.

Finally. The biggest surprise came from the suggestion of the use of the public interest instrument, which seems to be quite far fetched to use in case of human rights. I can imagine the headline: ICANN board think human rights are against the public interest.

Looking forward to hear what you all think.

All the best,

Niels