[Wp4] Board comments on Annex 6

Aarti Bhavana aarti.bhavana at nludelhi.ac.in
Fri Dec 18 11:56:39 UTC 2015

Hi Niels,

I agree with you. I do not understand how the current language expands
ICANN's obligations, especially when the text quite literally states the
opposite. The global public interest bit is also surprising in this
context. From what I understand, the term is largely undefined, and as per
the 3rd draft proposal, the Board must consider the community's
interpretation of 'global public interest', which has not been developed
yet.
Unfortunately, this is an area of particular concern to the Board, as Bruce
just stated (
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/accountability-cross-community/2015-December/008981.html)
and we don't know how CCWG will respond to these comments- whether they
truly will be treated like the other public comments or given special
treatment.

Best,
Aarti

Aarti Bhavana | Research Fellow
Centre for Communication Governance | National Law University, Delhi |
Sector-14,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078 | Cell: (+91) 965-464-6846 | Fax: (+91)
11-280-34256 | www.ccgdelhi.org . www.ccgtlr.org <http://www.ccgdelhi.org/>