[Ws2-jurisdiction] Revised Questions for ICANN Legal

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Feb 21 16:55:26 UTC 2017

Thanks Greg,

I expect that ICANN legal might ask us some clarifying questions about the
question, but it would be good to engage in this dialogue.

As a demonstration that we also did our homework on the issue, it might be
worth noting that the ICANN litigation documents
(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/litigation-en) web page
mentions :

-          Several cases of litigations in US States out of California

-          One case of litigation outside of the US only (the Pool.com case
(https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/litigation-en which never
lead to a formal court order, but within which ICANN seems to have argued
against the choice of jurisdiction. I should also note that ICANN’s
arguments were related to the specific circumstances of the case, and not
necessarily applicable to other potential cases)

Best

Mathieu