[Ws2-jurisdiction] Online meeting

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:40:02 UTC 2017

A rotation needs to be pragmatic, based on slot availability, vacation
weeks, etc.  As such, some repeating is likely to occur over time.

The next *5* calls were scheduled, alternating between 13:00 and 19:00, as
follows:

January 5: 19:00 (announcement sent 16 Dec)
January 10: 13:00 (sent 16 Dec)
January 20: 19:00 (sent 19 Dec)
January 24: 13:00 (sent 16 Dec)
January 30: 19:00 (not yet sent)

There are no alternative slots available in the week of the January 20
meeting, so we will either meet then or not at all.  We could re-schedule
Thursday's call to 13:00 UTC, but then we will have 2 13:00 slots in a row
(Jan 5 & 10).  We could move the 10 Jan call to 19:00 on Jan 9 (Jan 10 not
available), but then we will 2 19:00 slots in a row (Jan 9 & 20).  I had
taken this into account in scheduling January's meetings, and the schedule
we have seemed the most reasonable, especially since concerns about having
2 slots in a row at the same time seemed less significant when those calls
were two weeks apart (as they would be if no meetings were skipped).

Of course, no one wants to exclude any participant.  However, it may be
that other participants duly took into account the calendar items
distributed on 16 December and have made plans accordingly.  We need to
respect their schedules as well, particularly since they did take the
subgroup's schedule into account.  Before taking any action, I need to ask:

*Is there any participant who could NOT attend a 13:00 call on 5 January
who would be able to attend the currently scheduled 19:00 call?*

*Since repeating a time slot is inevitable, should we move the 10 January
slot to 9 January at 19:00 if we move the 5 January call to 13:00, as a
"trade-off"?*

Please respond as quickly as possible.  Thank you.

Greg