[Ws2-jurisdiction] Staying Focused in the Jurisdiction Subgroup

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Mon Jan 2 22:56:29 UTC 2017

	I see the sharp focus by those who want to prevent particular solutions from even seeming possible, as motivating a drive 	to keep us from asking necessary questions

Respectfully, there can be no "particular solutions" until we have identified and documented actual problems, as in the absence of such problems proposed "solutions" are little more than changes advocated  for their own sake or to further an unrelated agenda.

By all means let's get the questions out asap so that we can get on with the work of analyzing responses. But let's ask for -- and even more important, only act upon -- fact-based responses and not mere opinions and undocumented assertions.

At this point I have lost track of where the formulation of the questions stands. More than a week ago I suggested a formulation of question 4 that seemed to receive some substantial support within the subgroup, but I am not sure if it is still under consideration. It would be appreciated if we could all be brought up to date on the current state of play in furtherance of the goal of resolving the questions on our call this Thursday.

Thank you.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW