[Ws2-jurisdiction] REMINDER: Focus, Working Method and Revisions to Proposed Questions: RESPONSE REQUESTED [was: Jurisdiction Proposed Questions and Poll Results]

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:18:18 UTC 2017

Parminder,

As far as I can tell, the text you are asking about is not taken verbatim
from any text, but is instead a paraphrase.  I can see your point with
regard to adding something like "impact ICANN's accountability and the
actual operation of ICANN's policies."  (I would refer to "accountability"
and not merely to "accountability mechanisms," which is too narrow.)

What do other people think about amending the second paragraph of the
Preamble so it reads:

As directed by Bylaw Article 27, Section 27.1(b)(vi) and to the extent set
forth in the CCWG-Accountability Final Report, the Jurisdiction subgroup is
addressing jurisdiction-related questions, including how choice of
jurisdiction and applicable laws for dispute settlement impact ICANN's
accountability and the actual operation of ICANN's policies.

I look forward to other thoughts.

Greg