[Ws2-jurisdiction] Epistemological basis of sub-group's working - and my objection to the so called consensus

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jan 11 04:15:08 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 11 January 2017 04:54 AM, Greg Shatan wrote:
> As long as this is "for the record," I'd like the record to be correct.
>
> Parminder is referring to the initial poll where we were gauging
> support for 3 different alternatives (and ultimately a fourth), not to
> the final consensus call.  (I believe the results were actually
> 13-3...)  Notably, all the other alternatives had more (or much more)
> non-support than they did support.

Greg, I distinctly remember it as 11-3, but youd know better.

> The actual consensus call on the final formulation had only a single
> objection.

No, that "just one vote against" was not on the substantive matter of
the questionnaire text, where indeed was 11-3, it was on the question if
anyone objected to the process of consensus being called, which is
clearly a very different matter. I hope it is not presented that the
questionnaire was carried by 11-1 or 13-1 vote.

Thanks, parminder