[Ws2-jurisdiction] Epistemological basis of sub-group's working - and my objection to the so called consensus

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jan 11 16:10:03 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 11 January 2017 09:14 PM, Mueller, Milton L wrote:

> You are wrong, or rather misrepresenting things, Milton. Not just two
> "no" votes were expressing preference for what you call as small
> alterations in wording,*in fact,  /all three "no" votes (including
> mine) were calling for just that small alteration. /**//*
>
> / /
>
> MM: What I meant was that only one of the three people you refer to –
> namely you – expressed a view that going ahead was unacceptable. The
> other two simply preferred to have the wording changed, but were
> willing to go ahead without the (yes, minor) wording change they
> preferred. /
> /

/I dont see where you are reading the vote of these "other two" as
agreeing to go ahead with the David's text. They clearly voted against,
the only time a vote on text was called./
/The only point on which I alone voted against was, when Greg asked, and
I quote "//We seem to have a consensus position. Anyone objecting to
this being the consensus?" This was a call to agree or disagree with the
"process' not the substance or text under judgement. /
//
/So, yes, I alone said, I do not agree with the consensus process. No
one else did. Both you and Greg, in an earlier email, is taking it to be
a 11-1 vote for the "text" finally adopted. It was a 11-3 vote, till the
end. The opposing 3 never withdrew their opposition to the text finally
agreed. Not objecting to a process being called consensus - as I did
object - does not make them agree to the text under consideration. It is
simple, isnt it./
//
/The point may be moot now, but lets not misrepresent facts. /
//
/And then if the proposed amendments to David's text were really 'minor"
as you re-assert, why did you / others not try and agree with them?/

//

//

/
parminder