[Ws2-jurisdiction] [CCWG-ACCT] Jurisdiction Subgroup: Expense Request for Questionnaire Translation

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:21:35 UTC 2017

Sorry Seun, I was not clear. I am not suggesting to translate on my
personal level. I am doing too many things at ICANN on my personal level.
I will end up doing it if this group does not support, but I am afraid I
have too much to do and really cannot add to it by translating the
questions and answers.

Translating the questions and answers from English to Farsi and vice versa
has a very justifiable reason.  Iran is definitely affected by US sanctions
which might affect their access to domain names and official language of
Iran is Farsi. If any other country's language is not listed as a UN
language but is affected by OFAC and sanctions, that language should be
included too.

We don't even know how many answers we are going to receive how can we
start talking about expenses!

I would not argue it's about a number of people speaking, but the people
who could be  affected.

Thanks

Farzaneh