[Ws2-jurisdiction] Reply to farzaneh's Question

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Mon Jan 23 07:45:18 UTC 2017

Dear Kavouss, All,

Farzaneh raised a question to the jurisdiction subgroup, Greg indicated he
would coordinate with the co-chairs to provide an answer. He did, then in
his capacity as rapporteur of this group, he provided the requested answer,
which I can confirm the co-chairs agree with. Even reviewing this now, I
believe this has followed the appropriate process.

I would also like to formally push back on the notion of “subordinate” that
is used in this thread. Within the ICANN community we are all equal, and
only endorse specific roles and responsibilities related to certain tasks,
such as a rapporteur role or a co-chair role.

Best regards,

Mathieu