[Ws2-jurisdiction] OFAC Application , Sanction on the use of DNS

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Mon Jan 23 13:52:49 UTC 2017

Thanks Greg for getting this underway.

I meant to volunteer to help but I will be unable to lead this effort due to commitments elsewhere.

I also think this idea (reviewing ICANN litigation) would benefit from a presentation by Jones Day, the common element through much of this. That, of course, is easier said than done and would require ICANN’s client permission.

I also want to note to prospective volunteers that ICANN, IMO, does a nice job of indicating the nature of each link in each case compilation under its litigation list.

For example, a link to an order from the court is listed as ‘Order’; a court decision is listed as a ‘decision’ and describes the court (trial court, appellate court); briefs are listed as ‘briefs’ and described as opening, responsive, amicus, etc.

Thus it ought to be fairly easy to navigate to the most important bits first – it is not necessarily an exercise in wading through all courts documents – seems less daunting to me than it might have been.

One more point – to those of us volunteering to review this litigation list we ought to start mailing among ourselves as to which cases we are reviewing so as to avoid duplication of effort. We may find cases that need more than one set of eyes and that would be fine but maybe going in we can keep each other apprised of what we are doing.

David

David McAuley

International Policy Manager

Verisign Inc.