[Ws2-jurisdiction] Case summary - 2 drafts for your review

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Sat Jan 28 00:34:20 UTC 2017

Thanks for raising this point Paul,

This is indeed a question that I faced trying this out. We need an
approach that is consistent across all cases, and as you point out, even
when cases may not end up being decided against ICANN, there can be an
effect.

So my suggestion is to assess :

-          Whether there was actually an impact

-          Whether there would have been an impact if the case had been
decided, or would be decided in the future, against ICANN (potential
impact)

It’s going to be another phase of our work to determine which lessons we
draw from the cases, and whether we believe it’s appropriate to take these
potential impacts into account within the work of our group. If, by then,
we want to exclude the “potential impact” sections, we’ll do so, but at
the data collection level, when we fill the form, I think we should
include this piece of information.

Best

Mathieu