[Ws2-jurisdiction] Case summary - 2 drafts for your review

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Mon Jan 30 08:24:32 UTC 2017

Paul,

I support your proposal to split the question into the 3 below. It is
consistent with what I tried to convey and provides us with relevant
information for the later stages of our work.

1)      What relief was requested by the plaintiff from ICANN (or ICANN
from defendant if ICANN was a plaintiff)?

2)      What relief, if any, was granted to the plaintiff?

3)      Did the Court in its decision offer any conclusion as to the lack
of merit/frivolity of the plaintiff's claim?

Once we reach this point, we will be able to discuss if any of the cases
is relevant or irrelevant to our work.

Best

Mathieu