[Ws2-staff_acct] Staff questionnaire to community

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 02:31:24 UTC 2017

Was there any covering note when this was sent by staff?  It would good to
understand the circumstances in which it was sent.  Depending on those
circumstances, it might be good to acknowledge this and provide some
preliminary responses to indicate how these questions will be explored in
our work.  I tend to doubt that staff wanted the Subgroup to "air dirty
laundry" in response to their questions -- I suspect they wanted to get a
better idea of what we're doing and where we're going.  Obviously, we are
not going to prejudge the work of the group -- this should be viewed as a
piece of the larger discussion with staff on the issues of our group.

One of the issues we have cited as an impediment to our work is the
relative inability to have a constructive dialogue with, and input by,
staff.  It seems to me that responding to this in a constructive, albeit
preliminary, manner would be a step in the right direction.   Not
responding, or responding by saying we added your questions to our issues
list, and we'll get back to you when we're done, with answers, maybe, is
not as positive a step.

Greg

*Greg Shatan *C: 917-816-6428
S: gsshatan