[Ws2-transparency] Draft WS2 Transparency Document

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Tue Oct 18 14:33:09 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Please find attached a first draft of our document, including
Recommendations for the DIDP, proactive disclosure and whistleblower
protection. Thanks so much to everyone who submitted ideas or comments, and
particular thanks to Barbara Wanner and my co-rapporteur Chris Wilson, who
led on drafting sections 2 and 3.

A couple of things to note. First, right now the document is a bit of a
mashup between the different contributions. I still need to go through
again, just to harmonize the different sections and make it a bit more
coherent. Second, the proactive disclosure section right now only addresses
ICANN's engagement with governments, so I also need to beef that up a bit,
to add in some things about budget transparency, and potentially other
areas that should be published.

We are set to have a call to discuss this at the end of the week, at 3 pm
EST, so please try and look through it before then. *We are keen to hear
your inputs!* We are also supposed to circulate more broadly to the other
groups by end of the week, so if there are major substantive issues to
raise, starting the conversation sooner would be preferable.

Best wishes, look forward to hearing from you,

Michael Karanicolas
Senior Legal Officer
Centre for Law and Democracy