[CCWG-ACCT] Measure of Community Consensus on the final recommendations from the CCWG

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Sep 17 09:53:23 UTC 2015

Hello Anne,

>>     I would have to disagree with the notion that “Community Consensus” requires consensus with the ICANN Board.   It is CCWG consensus that is required.

Just to clarify my understanding here of the process steps from the CCWG charter.

- The CCWG produces a Draft Proposal

- Each of the chartering organizations then decide whether to adopt the recommendations

- the CCWG will then submit a CCWG-Accountability Board Report which will contain:

	- the proposal as adopted by the CCWG-Accountability

	-  the notifications of the decisions from the chartering organizations

	- documentation of the process that was followed

The level of "Community Consensus" on the final proposal will be judged based on whether all or most of the chartering organizations adopt the recommendations.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin