[CCWG-ACCT] WS2 and Ombuds, Compaints,... Offices

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Feb 23 23:14:32 UTC 2017

Hello Alberto,

>>   I still think there may be somebody with some problem to raise, and you will not know exactly if you should go to Ombusd or the Complaint Officer.

If there is an issue with unfair treatment by employees or contractors associated with the ICANN Organization - the complaint should first go to the complaints officer.   Most Ombudsman will generally ask if you have first raised the complaint through the normal complaint processes for an organisation.   If the complaint hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction - then go to the Ombudsman.

If the complaint is about unfair treatment by members of the volunteer community then typically this should go to the Ombudsman - but the Ombudsman might first ask if you have raised the issue with the chair of the relevant working group, stakeholder group, constituency, supporting organization council, advisory committee, or board.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

Member of the Registrars Stakeholder Group within the GNSO