[atrt2] Following up on ICANN's whistleblower hotline

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon May 27 06:21:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks Steve,  though I wonder, why is a specific request from Chair to CEO required.  Wouldn't it be sufficient to notify the staff members supporting the ATRT of the need for this info?  I personally do not understand why details of the program, other than names of the whistleblowers isn't public.  It would be my assumption that the point about whistleblowing is to make issues public, not to allow the corporation to channel them into another secret compartment.  Of course certain personal details might need to be redacted, but we have seen, that ICANN legal staff is very good at redactions.

But if it takes the Chair of the ATRT2 to make a formal request to the CEO of ICANN to get such information, I request that he does so.

Is there perhaps an ICANNLeaks we don't know about.

thanks

avri