[bc-gnso] IRT Final report

Rick Anderson RAnderson at interborder.ca
Wed Jun 3 13:37:32 UTC 2009

I think, Philip, that may have been an unfortunate remark.  There are many members of the BC which are small and even one-person companies.  Some of these are people like myself who used to be with smaller firms and and are now with much larger, some. Have moved the opposite direction from larger firms to one-person consultancies.  Regardless of size of company, some of the BC individuals from some of our smallest companies are amongst our most able contributors, such as George.

If we do not respect contributions from individuals representing our smaller member firms, or do not repsect them as much as other members, maybe we should be upfront about it and refuse to accept their membership fees.  That is not my view, I think if they qualify for membership under our rules, size of member firm is not important, certainly less important that the quality of its policy contribution, which in George's case is considerable, whether one agrees with his every point they are always educational.  The BC would be the poorer if he took what appears to be your suggestion and refrained from input.

cheers/Rick

Rick Anderson
EVP, InterBorder Holdings Ltd
email: randerson at interborder.ca