[bc-gnso] GNSO Council chair elections?

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Wed Oct 14 20:51:11 UTC 2009

hi Zahid,

i know how hard it is to take on even more work, especially when the
workload is already high.  but i think you would make a fabulous Vice
Chair, and would be happy to take on any behind-the-scenes scut work
that could help you find time to take this on.

mikey

On Oct 14, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Zahid Jamil wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> My name for Vice Chair is still something I am considering. Just
> thought I'd let everyone know. Workload is of some concern. Also the
> choice of Chair may impact how much workload is by default going to
> have to be handled by Vice Chair.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Zahid Jamil
> Barrister-at-law
> Jamil & Jamil
> Barristers-at-law
> 219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
> Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
> Cell: +923008238230
> Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
> Fax: +92 21 5655026
> www.jamilandjamil.com
>
> Notice / Disclaimer
> This message contains confidential information and its contents are
> being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not
> the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or
> copy this e-mail.
> Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
> this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents
> above may contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil,
> Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected
> by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use,
> amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts
> (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic
> means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use
> of this communication) without prior written permission and consent
> of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.

> From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade at hotmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:46:48 -0400
> To: Philip Sheppard<philip.sheppard at aim.be>; bc - GNSO list<bc-gnso at icann.org
> >
> Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] GNSO Council chair elections?
>

> Thank you for this brief update. I think that the members of the BC
> really need to be kept up to date on such topics.
>
> What are the duties of the Vice Chair, for instance, and how will
> this new duty affect the representation of the BC? I am sure that we
> are all interested in supporting a BC Vice Chair for the 'house',
> but am not at this point clear on how that process works, and how
> the preferences and interests of the members are taken into account.
>

> From: philip.sheppard at aim.be
> To: bc-gnso at icann.org
> Subject: [bc-gnso] GNSO Council chair elections?
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:20:52 +0200
>
> There are two chair nominations to date:
> Stephan Van Gelder (registrar) - supported by the R&Rs,
> Olga Cavalli (non com) - supported by NCSG.
>
> We have proposed Zahid as vice chair of our House.
>
> BC members input most welcome.
> Philip

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
Google, etc.)